Saturday, August 13, 2011

Type A Personalities

I always thought type A personalities had something wrong with them. The constant drive, challenging themselves, always wanting perfection, and an internal clock that was always ticking away. Just the thought of it just made me tired. I never understood why or how somebody could be like that. I have spent years fighting that urge. I felt no reason to pursue life that way. Now I am trying to get my life in order I understand that thinking. To me it is kind of like a shark you must keep moving or die. You have to have goals, you have to have something to work on, something to focus on. I find the things I have been working on I think about a lot. It is not something I even want to do, it just happens. If I can get my personal life in order, I can then expand that idea and work on other things. For me my life has been I wish or I want to do ____ but really it should be I will do _____. I am not saying I have never done anything or accomplished anything, I think it is more like having short goals and once I accomplish that goal I relax. Once you relax, you stop moving, you get soft. Maybe that is what drives the Type A people, they know or instinctively know that they can't stop. I don't think I have that attitude or mindset naturally but I think I can learn from that. What I need to work on is getting beyond doing things like that on short term basis. It's not one goal or plan but a series of goals and plans. That is probably why even hugely successful people come up with new goals or plans. I guess that is why I have started blogging on a daily basis, something to focus my energies on.

No comments:

Post a Comment