Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fajita Challenge













Last Saturday Dabney and I some folks over for a birthday cookout. I cooked fajitas for the grill. I have made fajitas for the two of us but I have no cooked so many different items for so many people. There was skirt steak, chicken breasts, portobello mushrooms, red & pablano peppers, and some pineapple. So I was dealing with different cooking times for all the items. If you look at the picture you can see the progression of what I cooked. I started with the chicken because that was going to take the longest, then the skirt and peppers. I wanted a nice char on the peppers because I was going to peel all of that off. The last things I put on was the mushrooms and pineapple because that was going to take the shortest amount of time. I had the hotter side of the grill on the left and the cooler on the right. So as things got ready I would move it over to the right of the grill. I think everything turned out good. I think maybe a couple of the smaller pieces of chicken got overcooked but otherwise things turned out well. Everybody enjoined the food and there was not a lot of leftovers. Most of the leftovers we were able to use the next week for lunches and dinners. So I am very pleased with how everything came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment