Monday, August 29, 2011

Sandwiches

One of the things I have been missing with the low carb is cutting out bread and specifically sandwiches. To me there is nothing satisfying than a really well made sandwiches. Po Boys, Cubans, subs, cheesesteak, BLT, chicken salad, club I love them all. I have not really had as much problems with sweets or fried foods, but no sandwiches has been a bit harder. One of the things I have been doing is substituting tortillas for bread. Making some wraps and tacos. All you need is something to help get the food to your face with sauces and other goodies, not just meat. It is funny that the winner of the Next Food Network Start has a show about making sandwiches. Also there is brand new slider restaurant that just opened in Midtown. There always challenges when doing something like this, and my challenge is cutting back on sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment