Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thank you Nerdist

I have been listening to Chris Hardwick's Nerdist podcasts. In addition to being a really fun listen it has been and inspiration for me. Hardwick and co-hosts Jonah Ray and Matt Mira have gone with the idea of you have to keep moving forward and keep putting content out there. They have what is called hostfull episodes, where instead of a guest they talk with each other about what is going on with their lives. It is in these episodes you find out what makes the guys tick. They encourage each other. For instance, Matt Mira has been hired to work on the G4 show Attack of the Show, and by doing this he is able to quit as day job as a tech for the Apple Store.

While the podcast started off as something it appears they are getting noticed. There is going to pilot version of The Nerdist on BBC America. It may turn into something more but it is very encouraging that they are getting noticed. As a fan of the show I am very excited for them, but I am also grateful for the show because they have shown me what is possible and what I can do if I just put myself out there. You can't do it for fame or fortune but if you do put yourself out there good may happen. You just have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment