Monday, August 22, 2011

Gardening

I have attempted gardening for the first time this year and I have to admit the results have been mixed. The good is Greg gave us a window box for herbs. Last year he pre-planted some seeds. One of the things he planted was some garlic chives and they just came back in the spring and actually are doing better this year. We also planted some sage and rosemary. Overall the herbs have done well and we have enjoyed using the fresh herbs for cooking. Now for the not so good. We have two pepper plants and tomato plant and the results to say the least have been disappointing. The tomato plant had three little tomatoes we picked and used that were great. The problem now is they produce flowers, but the little flowers will not become peppers or tomatoes. I do not know enough about gardening to know what I am doing wrong. I am pleased with the results of the herbs, but I was really looking forward to eating the plabano peppers that I grew on my own. Hopefully there will be enough time to grow some peppers before it starts getting cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment