Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dabney's 40 by 40

Today is my 39th birthday, which as my friends have been so kind to remind me means that I am one year away from 40. The way I see it, my 30s have been better than my 20s and my 20s were better than my Teens, and so I only have good years ahead of me.

However, the way to ensure that they are good years is to lay a good foundation. So, tonight I came up with 40 things to do before I turns 40. I will post my progress and keep everyone updated as I go.

Here is the list:

Dabney's 40 things by 40

  1. Drink no carbonated beverages for one month
  2. Eat no bread for one month
  3. Drink 8 glasses of water a day for a week
  4. Find a water aerobics class
  5. Buy a complete outfit at least one size smaller
  6. Donate blood
  7. Stop biting my nails without using acrylic tips
  8. TCB by going to the doctors - full physical, ob/gyn, eye doctor, and dentist
  9. Put more money into savings
  10. Build up a travel fund
  11. Go to New Orleans
  12. Go to one Non-Memphis restaurant from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
  13. Read three books outside of the Fiction / Romance genre
  14. See 10 classic movies that I haven’t seen before (off AFI List of best movies)
  15. Find a hobby
  16. Find a place to volunteer regularly
  17. Contribute to a non-profit organization
  18. Send a secret to Post Secret
  19. Go to one live music event (besides the Papa Tops)
  20. Get a more consistent morning routine
  21. Have more patience with people
  22. Learn one new skill
  23. Get our closet organized
  24. Get our basement organized
  25. Finally get our wedding pictures framed
  26. Buy something new for the house
  27. Learn to cook three new dishes
  28. Bake something to give as a gift
  29. Get rid of 40 things I don’t need any more
  30. Throw an actual dinner party, not just a cookout
  31. Get dressed up for a fancy date with Glen
  32. Rent a hotel room locally and have a glamorous date night
  33. Take a cute picture with Glen at least once a month
  34. Surprise Glen
  35. Decide on (redacted) and be comfortable with our decision
  36. Send an actual birthday card to everyone in my family
  37. Send someone some flowers
  38. Have one party where we use the fire pit
  39. See my family more regularly
  40. Go on a picnic
Wish me luck!

2 comments: