Friday, August 19, 2011

Poker

Going to play with the guys tonight. At one point I was considering playing poker on a more serious level. I think I am pretty good at poker but I am not that good. I think I am good enough to play in a lot of home games but I would need to seriously work on my game if I wanted to go down to Tunica on a regular basis. I will see how I do tonight. I just need to mix up my game and keep them guessing as to what I am doing. I need watch my opening and try to avoid chasing hands. I am feeling pretty good about my chances tonight.

Update
Results of the poker. We played three games.
The first game was a five dollar five card draw game. I have not played five card in awhile and I was a bit rusty. It is an awkward game and kind of slow. I didn't get many good cards and did not get into the flow of the game. I won a couple of pots, but I did not win enough. Syd ended up winning the game.
In the second game we played a ten dollar hold em. I felt more comfortable playing hold em. I have not played in awhile and was a little bit rusty. I was playing pretty good but found myself down and couldn't seem to catch a break. I was knocked on a mistake I made. I was in a hand with Ted and Syd. Ted made a large bet that put me all in. I called and Ted had thought he had a straight but he did not. I thought I had won the hand but we both forgot that Syd was in the hand. Syd had trips and it knocked me out of the game. Ted and I were focused on each other and forgot Syd was in the hand. After that Ted and Syd chopped and we moved on to the third game.
In the third game we played another ten dollar hold em game. I was more consistent in the third game and was able to have a stable stack of chips through most of the game. I caught some cards and was able to catch a few pots. I finished second to Austin and chopped with him. There was one hand that probably made the difference in the game. It was done to me, Ted, and Austin. I was in a hand with Ted. On the river I had two pair and I did not know what Ted had. There was a straight draw and a flush draw on the board. Ted went all in and forced me out of the hand. As it turned out he had a pocket pair of kings and would have beat him with the weak 2 pair. If I had taken the chance I would been in much better shape and probably won the whole thing. It really came down to one decision and I came down on the wrong side.

No comments:

Post a Comment