Monday, November 1, 2010

Project Glen: Official Start

Today was my first official weigh in. I have a long way to go to reach my goal, but the good news is I lost a few pounds since last week just by cutting down on what I eat. The way I see it now I think I can lose quite a bit of weight just by eating a lot less and cutting out fast food and soda. Other than Subway I did not eat any fast food last week. At some point just eating less alone will not cause me lose weight and I will have to work at more with activity and exercise, but for now that is not as big of a concern. I am really psyched up to start this, and I feel like I have the right mental attitude to start this. I already feel more empowered over food, by saying I have a problem with it. The mental blocks and getting starting are two aspects of weight that for now I have been able to deal with, and I should be able to lose weight, but then you have the real enemy and the one that makes long term weight loss difficult, sticking with a plan. One thing I am trying to do to combat this is not approach this like a diet where I can only eat certain things, but more of portion control and at first not eating really unhealthy things like fast foods and desserts. I would like to make where It's not like I am never going to eat fried food or sweets again, but more of not making them a staple of my day to day menu. In addition to eating less I am going to start working in eating more vegetables and healthy food. I know I can do this, and like I said I have long way to go, but hopefully by the time approaching my 46th birthday one year from today I will be whole new person.

No comments:

Post a Comment