Monday, November 15, 2010

Project Glen: 11-15 Update

Week two went better than week one. I lost about 2 1/2 pounds this week for a total loss of about a pound and a half. They say you are supposed to lose about two pounds a week. I just need to keep working at it. I had some people over for my birthday Saturday night. I tried not to eat and snack too much during the day because I knew I would eat a lot that night. I feel pretty good this week about what I have done so far. Overall I have done really well at cutting down on eating between meals, fried and fast foods. I basically have two meals a day lunch and dinner. I know I should probably be eating breakfast every day, but I have just never been a big breakfast type person. The thing I am trying to focus on right now is not eating just to eat and stopping when I am full. So far the not eating just to eat has gone pretty good, but the stopping when I am full has been trickier. I think this goes back to whole food addiction thing. You have that tasty plate of food in front of you and love the taste and sensations of eating it. You override your body when it says you are full and keep going. One thing I have been trying to do to combat that is eat slower. You enjoy the experience and savor each bite and also by eating slower you can get the sensation of being full and stopping when you need to. It is a struggle to do this and constant fight against self sabotage but I think the end results will be worth all the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment