Monday, February 8, 2010

Dining vs Eating

Sunday Dabney and I ate at Paulette's, a French restaurant near where we live. It is an old and established place in Memphis. I have never eaten there before, but Dabney has eaten there before and really liked it. We ate there to celebrate two years of dating and wanted to go to someplace special. We had brunch there and by the people eating there, it was a group of regulars that have been going there for years and years. I had the spinach souffle crepe and it was amazing. There was the warm gooey spinach ins inside a light and tasty souffle. It was delicious, and when I took the first bite there was this explosion of flavors that combined together in my mouth. It was incredible and makes you realize how special eating can be. Too often we go for the easy or convenient instead of something really good. It's what I enjoy about cooking to be able to create things, and to combine different kinds of food in a way that touches all the senses sight, smell, and taste. It was an excellent way to spend an anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment