Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Compound Honey Butter

I am going to try and do a weekly column where I try a new recipe each week. The first recipe was something pretty simple but very tasty. I have always been interested in compound butter and decided to try it. I used Alton Brown's recipe on the Food Network web site. His recipe called for a pound of butter cinnamon and vanilla. I did not want to make that much so I only used 1 stick of butter. I combined the butter, vanilla, and cinnamon in the food processor, mixed it up. and wrapped it up it the parchment paper. After that I put it back in the the refrigerator and let it harden up. The question was what did I do with this yummy honey butter. It was Sunday morning and we had decided to stay in and not go to brunch, so I made french toast and bacon. I happy to report that honey butter was a smashing success and made for some very tasty french toast. I am not sure if I am going to be able to try something new the rest of the week, but will try and do something next week.

6 comments:

  1. If you have a food processor you can even make your own butter! It's yummy but it does spoil faster so...darn it....you have to eat it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cracker says you'd better cut this sh*t out, 'cause you're ruining it for the rest of them. I'm all for it. You go, Glen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, now I'm going to have to do this. Don't know why, since Lauren makes the world's best garlic butter, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take butter and put it in a food processor. You can go savory with olive oil garlic and spices or sweet with honey, citrus, and stuff like that. Mix the butter up and then spoon onto plastic wrap or parchment paper. Roll it up and put in the fridge for an hour to. Then enjoy the buttery goodness. Alton Brown has a couple of good recipes on the food network site.

    ReplyDelete